Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: H&R Block

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H&R Block

    I use Walmart software (Currently Kiplenger) becouse there is always some strange deduction I would NEVER know about if I did not go through the question and answer portions (i.e. I got a tax credit for installing a gas Log and I am still not 100% sure why but I will take free money wherever i can.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H&R Block

    That's the problem man. They tell you your return will increase by X %, then they take X % as fees for services. That's how they do business.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H&R Block

    I was just trying to figure out how much H&R Block differs from my Accountant I have as far as what they charge me for doing my taxes. On Avg what does it cost to get them done for say two (my wife and I)
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Sat_morning_QB's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2002
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H&R Block

    I used the service below in the link. I tried H&R Block through there free site I was only going to get back $85. I tried this site an another one linked from IRS.gov efile and wound up getting back $350 plus, they claim I can get back most of my State as well. I'm not sure how they get that, but I held off e-filing my State. I will just let Commissioner of Revenue Office do it, those of you that may not know they do it for freeit's part of their job.



    http://www.6.eztaxreturn.com/scripts...link=undefined

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H&R Block

    I used to actually be a Tax Preparer and I was amazed that people actually thought they would get a bigger return at one place or another. Unless you have a TON of deductions(over the standard deductable) its really gonna be pretty much the same anywhere you go. Also, all these people coming in to get Tax Return Loans. What a HUGE waste of money that it, I remember familys would be getting back over 4000 dollars. Instead they took the loan got it that day and it costs them almost 400 to 500 dollars, sometimes more. It baffels me why people do that, such a waste.

    Do your taxes online, you do it for free and you can do it yourself. Make sure you enter all your information in correctly, and get someone to help you if your not sure what you are doing. Those of you using irs.gov to find free tax sites know, thats the way to go! I used taxslayer.com. Its all FREE and FAST. Took me 10 days to get my State back, and only 3 weeks for my Federal.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H&R Block

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, all these people coming in to get Tax Return Loans. What a HUGE waste of money that it, I remember familys would be getting back over 4000 dollars. Instead they took the loan got it that day and it costs them almost 400 to 500 dollars, sometimes more. It baffels me why people do that, such a waste.
    </div></div>

    I completely agree. That never ceases to amaze me either! it's like taking money and just running it through a shredder. Can they not wait 1.5 weeks for a refund? That's how long it took us this year when filing online (using free-file and direct deposit) ourselves. 1.5 short weeks.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H&R Block

    Exactly Diets. All of them can only really get whats there. None are legally going to find this huge deduction/refund that another would not find for you. Doing it yourself is basically the way to go.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #18
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H&R Block

    Turbotax.com

    Why pay when you can do it for free.

  9. #19
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: H&R Block

    H&R block usually charges in the range of $100-$200. Depending on how much work has to be done. In my case my wife and I payed around $300 because there was a lot of work that had to be done. Normally I would do it myself, but this year I was bound to get in trouble if I didn't have some protection.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H&R Block

    Went up to H&R Block today just to wait for damn near 2 hours and then for their computers to stop working.
    So they shut down and sent us home.
    >=[
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •